My weekend (and the future):
- Wednesday: good news: got to leave work early with permission from Dean. bad news: still got dragged into work-related brouhaha a few hours late. Almost made me miss The Muppets. Which was so awesome, it would have been a TRAGEDY.
- Thanksgiving Thursday: Ate a lot of food.
- Black Friday: Did almost nothing to help major retailers start to make a profit for the year.*
- Small Business Saturday: Did just a tiny bit to help small businesses with their cash flows. Still scared of overall crowds.
- Sunday: Did battle with yard. Yard won.
- Cyber Monday: Contacted Cybertron, informed Autobots and Decepticons that it was time to start buying online (hey, we all need to look out for Gold Box Deals on Amazon)
- Techie Tuesday: – Called all engineering friends and told them to take over the world. Oh, wait. They all work at FB or Google. They have already taken over the world.
- Wacky Wednesday: What happens on wacky Wednesday, stays with Wacky Wednesday
Not sure what the future beyond Wednesday will bring. I’m sure that somehow there will be Black Friday deals running for many weeks beyond…Black Friday. All for items that were good last year but aren’t worth it this year (60Hz LCD TV? Pffffffft!).
*Occupy protestors in San Francisco (and I’m sure elsewhere) affected Black Friday shopping. Isn’t it contrary to the “movement” that they would negatively affect GDP (whether to large or small companies)? A movement without a rallying cry…or much logic, it seems, these days. Onto SOPA I guess.