This will be cross-posted to tripadvisor in order to share my thoughts, and stroke my ego. 🙂
The standard phrase is to not judge a book by its cover. This is usually about not being negative based on appearances. Sometimes, however, it goes the other way.
I stayed at the Inernational Plaza Resort and Space in Orlando for the Eduause Conference, which is coming to a close today. When I first arrived, i read about the 2 pools, the hot tubs, the jacuzzi, the min golf course, and even the putting green so that one could get ready for a round on a neaby course and called my wife to tell her how cool the place was. It really had a tropical feel.
However, after just 1 night the cracks started to show through, an indicated of a hotel that hasn’t been kept up as well as it should. For instance:
- my toilet had this magic capability to auto-flush every 10 minutes or so. Maintenance could not fix it.
- my a/c was either on completely or off entirely. Even turning it down to “low” for the fan didn’t help – when I’m gone for 7 hours at a conference it’s might cold. And when it was off the air was incredible stagnant.
- The soft pillows were offset by the painfully firm bed
- The LCD tv was nice, but it really demonstrated the problem of a crappy tv signal looking horrible on a high resolution screen
- The coffee maker wasn’t just not plugged in, but there wasn’t even a plug nearby. So I made coffee with it sitting on the ground. You know, a standard spot for that.
The good news is that the pillows are soft. And that the carpet wasn’t any dirtier than usual. So I guess that’s a plus. I would not recommend it.